Friday, August 29, 2008

Friday night at the park



We took Salem, Kellen, and Willis to the park to play for a friday night out. We tried playing a little baseball with Salem but that lasted for about a whole 60 seconds and then she was ready for the slides. Kellen on the other hand was ready to start running the bases. He was diggin' the whole hit the ball thing! And then there is poor old-bones Willis who is so obsessed with that frisby. We had to make her stop playing just so her legs would stop shaking and she could catch her breath. She thinks she is still a pup. Salem was a little monkey all over the play gym and Kellen's favorite thing is the swing. What we don't have a picture of (unfortunatley) is my clumsy fall. I was holding Kellen and backed up to take a picture of Salem and that big orange ball of Kellen's was right under my foot and of course in true Summer style I took a fall and landed flat on my back. Luckily Kellen, the camera, and my big belly all made it out ok. After finding out that everyone was fine Jerry had himself a good laugh! I really do wish we caught a picture of that one because it really would have been quite the sight i'm sure!

7 comments:

Shara said...

Happy to hear that you are okay. Don't ya just love the park? The kids never seem to want to leave.

Jeralyn Petterson said...

You be more careful. You know you have a baby in there. How many more weeks?

Jeralyn Petterson said...

BTW have you canned peaches yet? Kalli and I are doing it in a week or so, you should do it with us.

arisa said...

what cute pictures...it looks like you had a great time! well, i guess it looks like the kids had a great time. you, on the other hand...falling probably wasn't the funnest part of your day!

Linda Gibbs said...

So glad your ok. Hopefully no bruises, except to the pride! The baby has some cushion in there, so he'd probably be fine. Just maybe jolted awake.

Amanda said...

How scary that you fell!!! I was so clumsy when I was pregnant! I was always falling.

How fun that you guys had a good time at the park. I bet the kids loved being outside and enjoying family time! Before you know it the weather will be cold and the park will be covered in snow!

Lawrence Clan said...

Your kids are so cute, looks like fun times at the Sugar park... Glad to hear you are ok after your fall. That happened to me with my last pregnancy except it was winter & we were sledding & I was the designated photographer. Anyways I got ran over by a nephew, it took me out flat on my back. I was fine but it was pretty funny!